Monday, March 28, 2011

Counting Down

My infusion is in 25 hours and believe me when I say I am counting down! I wish it was Weds already and I would be back to feeling normal. It's been a crazy week. Mentally I feel a little better, I started to wean off  the Prednisone since infusion is tomorrow so I went from 20mg to 10mg. The sooner I can get off the better. Going down I noticed my mood is not so cranky.  My last post really was just my way of venting out the crabbiness, my husband said if he didn't know me he would of thought I was a total bitch lol  I really didn't intend for it to be so harsh but my blog is my way of venting and seeing a pattern to my thoughts and feelings so no offensive to anyone just my brain being cranky and needing to sort things out.  One thing it did for sure  was to help me realize how negative I was feeling so I put some of my CBT workbook into action and it really did help! I need to keep working on it to learn some more techniques!



Last week was a huge challenge for me. Not only was I battling a a horrible flare for almost 3 weeks but the Prednisone side effects cause increased appetite and crabbiness, add a little PMS in there and I had some huge challenges. Overall I think I did pretty good. I definitely can't say I failed at my goals. I didn't walk the last 4 days but as much pain as I was in I think I have to cut myself some slack and the most important thing is now that infusion is tomorrow, I have to recover and get back to the walking immediately.  Overall my eating was pretty good I need to tweak a few things yet but every failure is a lesson learned. I can honestly say in the past months I would have given up by now. RA would be in complete control.



Goals For Week Two 
  1. Keep on track with the healthy meals and snacks. 
  2. Keep on track with 2 to 3 walks a day and try to increase the time. 
  3. Start wearing a pedometer so I can increase steps in the day. 
  4. Try to incorporate some light weights. 
***Weekly Reward***
                                                  Get hair styled on Saturday for dinner night :)


So here we go with another week :)

“Most people give up just when they’re about to achieve success. They quit on the one-yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown.” H. Ross Perot

2 comments:

  1. girlfriend..you are doing great...I have heard/seen you crabbier..lolol. Go Genny :-)!

    ReplyDelete