Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome to my journey

 So here I am with my very own blog! Where does one even begin?  I never thought I would be a blogger but lately I have been feeling bottled up inside and no outlet to get things out..... so here I am!

Some goals I have with this blog are to learn to deal with my auto-immune disease,  which has been a huge struggle lately. It's amazing how 2 letters "RA"  have completely taken over and controlled my life. I am no longer willing to let this disease win.
Secondly, weight loss has been a very hard struggle with RA so I hope to have a place to publish my goals and hopefully help others with the same struggles.
Third, expect random ramblings of the proudest mom to a healthy, happy and adorable 2 year old who has my heart unconditionally.

Lets talk about the title of my blog. Recently I had a conversation with a FB friend that I call my BFF (Best FaceBook Friend).  I'm not sure how the conversation got started but he knows about my RA and we were talking about weight loss and the word "perseverance" came up. For the heck of it I googled the official definition, I know what the word means I just wanted to see what the official meaning was and when I read the meaning I had a bit of epiphany and literally a light bulb moment where I thought I can do this! Why does RA get to win when it's me that suffers!!



So here I go with my journey of learning how to prevail with a chronic illness and accomplishing some goals I have failed at more then once and even more then a dozen times..... but giving up is not an option.
"Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock."  - Author Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment